A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Summer Celebration I

Last night I went to the "Summer Celebration". There was a concert I REALLY wanted to see, and I took the beloved bunnyjo. We got to do my favortie thing, people watch. I'll give you the stand outs. One girl, cute, in a skirt, knelt down...no panties. Older lady, saggy, to her belly button bazooms, and 4 rings per finger, and 20 necklaces. It was like she put on every peice of jewelry she had before she left her trailer. Lots and lots and lots of bad teeth. Next year, bunnyjo and I think we should have two booths there. The first one, what not to wear, we would have been very busy. We would have given gold stars to the 'rockin cool' dressers like bunnyjo and myself. Booth 2 will be a free teeth cleaning booth.
I was really excited about seeing Lit. For those of you who don't know me, I'm right around 5 ft tall. So, 'seeing' Lit is a chore for me. This tank of a dude came and stood 2 inches from my face. I look to the left, I see shoulder, I look to the right I see shoulder. I nicely asked him to move 2 inches either direction so I could see over him. Then for the rest of the concert he was rather rude and everytime someone got in front of me he'd ask me, "should I ask them to move to?" But he didn't do it in a nice way. Bunnyjo thinks I hurt his manly pride.
Bunnyjo..btw..at first was like, I'm too cool so I can't show I'm having any fun. Then she was trying to climb up on stage and get jiggy with it with one of the roadies. You just can't take her anywhere.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Jamie, so who'd you see? Who's Lit? And what does btw stand for? (I hope its not like btk) Oh, and where's my truck?

10:05 AM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

I saw LIT..it is a band, they play music :) The singer looked like Elvis. Um BTW means...BY THE WAY..don't know anything about your truck. Did it run away?

9:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, this is not for the faint of heart. But I have a comment about the tank-like dude. Probably his whole life he has been teased about his size. It was rude for him to stand right in front of you, though. So here is one of those stories old people tell. Once I was sitting on the school bus with a very skinny friend of mine. A tank-like dude came and sat right in front of us and took up the whole seat. I thought my friend was going to let it pass, but the dude was blocking the heat from the front of the bus and we were really super-cold. So she says, "Since he is blocking our heat, I think we should crawl up Tembo's ass and get warm." (Tembo being the name of an elephant in some literature popular at the time.) The back of the dude's neck turned red and stayed that way a long time. I guess I am trying to say in my old people's roundabout way, I feel sorry for people that are huge although I don't think that gives them the right to be rude. Now I have to go because I dropped my false teeth in my pablum.

10:27 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

For the record..he wasn't fat he was built. Like Mr. Universe except RUDE

8:56 AM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

yeah

12:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,

Love your blog. Sorry we haven't had the opportunity to chat as we used to. As far as concerts are concerned, I'm an average sized man who's had the same experience you have. It's definately not fun. Were you at an outdoor concert? My recent experiences with Van Andel Arena watching both John Mellancamp and Tom Petty were made less fun by the cramped seating- I felt as if I were being shoved back into the womb-, the narrow aisles and behavior of the people behind/above, in front of/below and beside me. As the seating is tiered, any move made by these people is an annoyance, most especially when I'm trying to get a bead on the stage with the binoculars. As a person with some height, but no bulk, I have no problem making adjustments for those less fortunate. Unfortunately, with any large crowd, there are assholes to be found. Jamie, it's just sad that someone of your height can't bring a stepstool or a chair in order to better view a show you probably paid an obscene amount of money for.

Tell us about your new job when you get the chance. Congratulations are in order.


Bye for now. Sincerely,

Patrick

6:02 PM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Dear Shortstuff,

I was too cool to show I was having any fun. The epitome of coolness is to stand aside, look bored and make disparaging comments about people around you. Now, that is what I call fun!

Seriously, folks, it was a carnivale, HBO style. The freaks were out in plenty and strangely enough, none of them were our family. Hm. Jamie and I were actually of the minority normal-looking, good-hygiene-displaying, fully-covered human beings. Well, all except for Jamie's cleavage, that is. She had her puuuuush up bra on. Imagine my chagrin everytime she pulled her purse out of there. Garsh.

3:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home