A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Gold Digger??

Ok, so someone wants to 'hook me up'. Now, although this person has a job, he doesn't have much money. He has a lot of outgoing expenses. This makes me less interested in him that I might otherwise be. So, does this make me a gold digger?
Now, before you yes, oh man, what a bitch, let me give you some back ground information. I have a pretty good job, and have some expendable income. I seem to 'attract' people who are down on their luck, and end up footing the bill for all of the entertainment. Now, I don't mind doing this, as long as it is an option. It seems though, that it will be someone else's idea, 'hey, let's go out for lunch?' We then we go out for lunch, and lo and behold, the other person doesn't have any money. They just ASSUME that I'd pay. Or, wanting to go someplace overnight, or go camping, yeah..Guess who gets to pay for that too. Again, for those who I 'treat' I don't always mind. As long as I have the option.
So, if I don't want to date a man I always have to pay for our 'dates' does that make me a gold digger?
In other news, I've been busy. Nothing really exciting. Nothing really new. Just that stuff that keeps you from doing anything you really want to do. I'm lonely and could use some company. But the kind of company that can help pay for dinner ;)
No news on the new job either. GRRR..keep your fingers crossed that I hear something soon.

10 Comments:

Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

NO, it does not make you a gold digger, it makes you SANE! Men SHOULD pay on dates. It shows respect for us as women. It shows consideration, humility and willingness to do just about anything to get us in the mood. Which does not mean we'll be in the mood, but we damn sure will NOT be if we just paid for dinner! Hellow!

11:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think your a gold digger either. Men should pay for dinner but not all the time. If its a date then thats expected. I am the one who usually pays for the dinner and I don't mind cause I like to do that but if we are just friends then sometimes I don't think it is wrong for the girl to pay. You have to understand in our world today there are not a lot of gentlemen left out there but there are some. You just haven't found the right one but be patient there is a time and place for everything. By the way, I will buy you dinner anytime, anyday, anywhere.

12:58 AM

 
Blogger DCveR said...

WHAT?!?!?
Why, why should man always pay!?!?!?
What?! Oh, sorry, right...

Answering you instead of ranting: it doesn't make you a 'gold digger', it makes you something between a 'gold digger' and a 'sucker', namely someone normal, not necessarily ‘cheap’ but not willing to play ‘rich idiot’.

12:46 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

dcver is funny.

Anyway, Jamie, men should buy you dinner because you're worth it. If they don't appreciate you, don't go out with them.

(remember that in relationships, appreciation tends to 'depreciate')

3:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may be inviting the bird of public opinion to crap on my head, but hey, I am old-fashioned. I think the man should pay, because lets face it ladies, they still make a whole lot more money than we ladies do. But I throw myself to my knees in admiration of you ladies who make enough money to --as you say--have the option to pay. Maybe I would be less old-fashioned if I made more money! And hey, there is certainly nothing wrong with letting a guy know that you would like to treat him, either. I'm not that stinkin' old fashioned.

10:18 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

Just for the record, I think women should pick up the tab too. It needs to be 50%\50%

11:00 PM

 
Blogger karla said...

People (usually men with no money) throw the term 'gold digger' around too easily, usually just to guilt-trip a girl into putting up a guy who's going nowhere. You're not a gold digger; you're making an educated assesment of your potential future with this guy. When I was younger, I didn't care at all what a guy made, or what his job was, or if he even had one. That's what eventually caused me to be flat broke and living in my car after a jobless live-in boyfriend of mine talked me into buying him a car and paying the rent and all our other bills (under the premise that he was down on his luck and would soon pay me back). By the time I dumped him, my car was about to be reposessed and I was 3 months behind in most of my/our/his bills. It took me years to get my credit right again. Not that you're in danger of doing anything so naiive and stupid, but the bottom line is, you HAVE to factor in a guy's job and income, and whether he has any goals in life. Otherwise you just end up paying for everything and always being frustrated, and the relationship is doomed to fail anyway. But every guy in that position will call you a gold digger, guaranteed. It's easier to criticize you as being too materialistic than to admit that he's a bit of a loser.

11:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I say spend it if ya got it. Its all good as long as everyone is happy, isnt that the bottom line here? And Bunny, of course all of us men should be treating you right if we plan on keeping you hun.

#1 BJ Fan

11:12 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

That would depend Superman..go back a few posts and read, What's your type??? If you think that's you, I'll pay for our 2nd date :)

11:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey. i was just blog-surfing. my name is priscilla. and no i so don't think you are a gold-digger. in fact, i applaud you for thinking far into the future. are you willing to spend all your money on his outstanding debts? i think not. so good for you. there are more capable men in the world for you.

11:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home