A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Job Update

I'm sure that some of you will be disappointed in this news.

When I got back from Wisconson, I had an offer letter from the cell phone place. This is an offer that is to good to refuse. I've decided to take the offer and work year round, full time. The benefits are really great, 12 vacation days a year, 6 sick days, 2 personal days, with paid holidays too. They pay 100% of the cost of the health insurance with low copays. With having some health issues, and needing some dental work done, I really felt like I couldn't pass it up.

Last night, I prayed about and knew that I'd have to make my decsion today. I prayed that I'd know by morning. So last night, I was sick a few times, and woke up with a monster headache and sore throat. So, I quit Lake Express, and called the cell phone place and am working on accepting the position.

So..give it to me..let me read your thoughts.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you will do well with the phone coompany. After all you are always on the phone or its by your side...lol....happy that you have made a decision that suits your needs. Only you know what you expect from a job and it looks like the phone company has it all. Happy for ya...

1:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok James , tell the truth ya tryed to drink all the beer in Milwalke , got drunk an crashed the boat in to the peir an knocked all the seaguls off it. an stampeided the ducks . lol

3:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think ya made a good choice . you seem to do good in sales .. cus ya got a good line of shit . that ya get from your grand Mother's side of the famley

3:24 PM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Either decision would have been a good one, Jamie. You were in the rare situation where you had two GOOD options to choose from. I'm glad that you'll have health care and paid vacations etc. And...you really do great in sales, as your dad said, you've always been a great bullshitter! :)

3:33 PM

 
Blogger Roo said...

I was happy for you no matter what you chose to do. I think they were both good offers. I know I would have taken a job health ins.

Don't use the job as an excuse not to finish school though. I know you could go far in life. With a good education and diploma or ged to back you goes a long way.

10:37 PM

 
Blogger --YooBee said...

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see her in a lame sailor suit and hat.....oh well....we can always get her smashed and put one on her.....than laugh til we hurl

12:17 AM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

Thanks all for being supportive. Mom is pissed at me, but hopefully, once I'm not under foot all the time she'll see that this was a good move.
Drug test tomorrow..no poppy seeds for me :)

11:48 AM

 
Blogger --YooBee said...

You are only underfoot because your short, and I think she was really looking forward to that whole sailor suit thing.

11:56 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

What do you mean by 'working on accepting the position'? Please don't tell me you quit one job before you 'officially' had another.

It does sound like an all-around better job, but less school-friendly. Are you prepared to never be a teacher? Because that may be the consequences of the decision you made.

I'm not saying you made a mistake, Jamie, just pointing that out. I'm happy that you've finally found something 'good'.

11:26 AM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

I've got the job, by working on accepting the position meant phone tag.
I'm in.
I am prepared to not be a teacher, or if I do become one, I'm going to have to work my butt off.
However, I feel like I don't have a choice, I need to be out on my own and the other job(s) just won't allow that to happen.

11:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home