A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My Dilemma

I’ve got two potential job offers. Here are the pluses and minuses of each.

Lake Express is not year round. This is a benefit because I could go to both the fall and winter semesters of college I would be off those months, and then hopefully be hired again for the next season. I’m guessing the pay isn’t great, and that there isn’t benefits. I also wouldn’t be able to get unemployment during the off season because this is considered a ‘seasonal job’. I have a second interview tomorrow at 2pm. I know I'd enjoy it, and love the enviroment.

Cellular One is a full time, year round job. This job would require to ‘give my all’. I’d be back in a sales environment, which is ok, I like the challenge of sales. I also like that this company has advancement opportunity including relocation possibilities. It has benefits and the income would be close to what I was making with Charter. This job would give me the option of being independent again, and the possibility of become a trainer which would give me travel opportunity. I have a second recap interview tomorrow sometime over the phone. The hiring process here is insane. This will be my 4th meeting tomorrow. I'm not sure if it is because it is a new manager and this would be her first hire, or if it is the company.

What would you do? Any advice would be helpful. Then again, I haven’t gotten any offers, but would like to have my mind made up for when the offers do roll in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Roo said...

Either job sounds good. Though I would like to see you finish school. The pay and opportunites are better with the second choice. I don't envy you if you get offered both. Gook luck to you.

12:34 AM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Well, you know my take on this. I say suck it and go to school, the benefits of which can not be topped no matter how good the sales job may seem. Just remember that you really weren't very happy in your job in sales, and you really wanted to teach, not sell necessarily. Going to college would give you an opportunity to teach, plus you CAN NOT top teachers' benefits unless you are some top CEO somewhere. Plus, many teachers are offered huge signing bonuses for relocating to areas where teachers are desperately needed like inner cities and rural schools. Everyone wants to work in the suburbs, I guess. So...set your goals and stick to 'em, girl. It will be well worth it!

11:07 AM

 
Blogger --YooBee said...

Hm, I think if you present them in different ways you may find your answer. The phone place is a job and yes you may be able to advance, but having been there I can tell you its high stress and very competitive. This job could offer immediate financial reward but will not likely turn into a career and, when its over you have what you have now....some savings to live on and yet another recently updated resume'.
On the other hand the Express job would be less rewarding financialy but would allow an education that will be with you forever. I would go for door No. 2, get the degree while learning to talk MORE like a sailor!
Either way good luck
YooBee

5:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home