A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Party and Other News

We had a great time at Mom's party for her friends from TN last night. I hope they enjoyed themselves. We had a ton of food, and lots of spirits, including jello shots.

The kids, as usual, found ways to entertain themselves, as did the adults. Laura and her man were here, and she seems very happy. It's nice to actually see her light up for once. Chris seems very nice, and I think (if he wasn't horrified) he'll fit right into our family. I really, really like seeing someone love my sister as much as Chris seems to.

Mark was here, however, after the party I ended things with him. He's fun, and easy to get along with. There were just some things that weren't clicking. I've wasted enough time hoping that I'm going to be wrong about the guys I've had doubts with, not going to do that anymore.

Today, I've got to pack up for my trip across the pond tomorrow, also have to go to my Daddy's for dinner. It's going to be a long day for little Ms. Jamie.

And for those of you who are counting, 44 days until my birthday. :)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you keep us posted while you are getting trained.....we will be interested in knowing whats going on....have fun...and be good....lol or at least be careful....love ya....

12:06 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about Mark, I liked him, but I didn't like hearing about how much he blew you off (and his stories were mainly about drinks, and drinking, and doing other stuff while he was drinking)

8:44 AM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Well, James, one of the first things Chris said when we left is, Mark is an alcoholic. If there's one thing about Chris that is exactly dead-on, it is his ability to read people. The fact that all Mark's stories were about drinking, drinks or stuff he did while drinking is a bad sign, as is the fact that he tossed down so many drinks at a family get-together when no one else was getting toasted (no comment there, Chill Daddy-O). Not exactly a way to impress your date's family. I'm sorry that he wasn't deserving of you, Jamie, but I'm immensely proud of you for not ignoring what was a huge warning flag. Isn't he the guy that was really drunk and got pulled over? Yeah, that's just bad news, girl. You are tons better off without all that headache. Now, you are off to a new adventure in Milwaukee!! :) Have a WONDERFUL time and just remember, we are rooting for you!!!! And don't forget to ask for a Saturday off in June. ;)

9:49 AM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

Thanks guys, I noticed the same thing and that was one of the many reasons I thought better of spending time with him. I was very irrated that he downed a 6 pack before my first drink was even close to being done. There were other things too, but I don't want to bring them up. I'm confident that it will happen for me someday, and whoever he is, will be great.
BJ: you said it was going to be a late summer, early fall wedding, make up your mind. I will have arrangements to make. Thank you very much.

5:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So here is my two cents. For what it's worth :)....Mark reminded me of a frat boy. He outdrank everyone but didn't buy or bring any booze. He is fun at parties but not serious boyfriend material. I trust my daughter's judgement on this one, and agree, this relationship would be fun but a waste of time for her since she wants something more serious.

2:34 AM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

Well, not more serious, but something that has the potential to be something more than what that could have turned out to be.

Plus he had really bad gas.

10:04 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Worse than the short armed guy?

10:24 AM

 
Blogger --YooBee said...

Ok, so far the list is:
Dirty Butt Crack guy,
Watery Spagetti on dirty TV tray's guy,
enormous guy with short arms (same dude?) and until Saturday the Gassy, broke and alchoholic guy........are you dating or researching for a book?

12:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try looking some where differnt

10:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you seek a snake, a snake is what you will find

10:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home