A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Imagine

It breaks my heart. Thousands of people lost it all. Imagine not knowing if your loved ones are ok? Imagine not knowing where your husband was, or your Dad, then finding out his body was one of the ones just being pushed aside as it floats in gas, and sewer. Imagine seeing your children crying because they are hungry and not being able to provide for them. What if you only really had the clothes on your back? You couldn't go back to work because the building doesn't exisit anymore. You can't go back to the comfort of your home, because it was washed away. You can't see your family and friends because they are scattered. Having to depend on the kindness of strangers for daily necessities. It just breaks my heart.
Now, the violence. The looting. Fear brings out the worst in people. All I can do is pray. Pray for the families, pray for the people working, and pray for funds to rebuild lives and cities. I'd be ok if God wanted me to go help them restore their lives.
It's heartbreaking.

8 Comments:

Blogger shortensweet said...

WAIT..THERE IS MORE:
I was at work and got a call ;)
anyway..here was my point (yes I had one) thousands of people lost EVERYTHING, and we know 100's lost their lives, and it seems like the only thing we care about is the price of gas. All day, people have complained about how this is all effecting them and their budgets. I'd pay $50 a gallon if it meant kids could eat and have their homes back.

3:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A disaster of this magnitude really puts your life in perspective. For days now I have been grateful just to have a soft dry bed, and to be able to wash and to have food and water available. I am glad you have a heart Jamie, many people don't.

9:32 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

God bless you Jamie, you are so sweet.

You know what drives me crazy? People shooting at rescue choppers. Okay, go ahead and loot, but why try to stop other people from being rescued or evacuated? It's just evil.

3:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have one question, I been watching Fox NEWS like 24/7 all week and they are finding hundreds of bodies everyday. Well, the ground is all flooded.....Where are they going to bury the survivors?

5:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They aren't going to bury the survivors....ha ha...that's an old one.

8:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even in the wake of death and destruction I cant resist a chance to pull one over on someone :-P

12:17 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

BE NICE TO MY MOMMA

3:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And be nice to short people, too, because they have enough to deal with as it is.

9:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home