A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Friday, December 12, 2008

You wouldn't BELIVE it!

I woke up today with a smile. Today, I'm going to be a home owner. I wake up an unmarried woman living with her parents, and I'll go to bed owning my own home. The rest is just logistics.

My phone rings and it is my real estate lady and she tells me the closing got bumped up to 230. So I had all day to prepare, to get excited, and to pinch myself that it really going to happen.

My phone rings again at 145. It's the bank. They need some more information about a cash deposit I made. That required quick thinking and fast driving to produce some documents about where the funds came from. Then we sit and wait, and wait, and wait.

Finally, at 4 I need to go to work. On my way to work, I was sadly hanging up my hat for the day knowing that I wasn't going to get my house. I felt like charlie brown waa waa waa waaa.

Suddenly, Santa Baby starts playing (that's my ring tone), and it is the banker, my heart fills with joy thinking oh yes! This is the call.

She calls to tell me that we aren't going to be able to close today. Then as she was pulling up her email to send the closer an email, she got an email in her inbox that says we are all set.

I whipped Petey around and drove fast to Remax, and there I signed the papers to my new little house.

7 Comments:

Blogger Roo said...

YEAH!!!!!!!Congrats I'm so happy for you. You SO DESERVE this.

7:01 PM

 
Blogger Ray Veen said...

Dang girl. In that short little blog post, you had me on the same roller coaster you were riding.

"Yay, she's getting it!"

"Oh, wait, darn."

"Yay, she's getting it!"

"Oh, wait, darn."

"Yay, she's getting it!"

"Oh, wait, darn."

"Yay, she's getting it!"

"Oh, wait, darn."

"Yay, she's getting it!"

"Oh, wait, darn."

"Yay, she's getting it!"

"Oh, wait, darn."

Sucks, don't it? So anyway... super duper huge congratulations and I am sooooooooooo happy for you.

And I'm still envisioning you serving me coffee in your very own home.

7:27 PM

 
Blogger VeeFlower said...

I admit I cried when she told me on the phone that she had the key to her house. It has been a long road fraught with many obstacles. But God wanted her to have this house and that means that many more blessings will come her way. Yay!

5:01 AM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Jamie and I walked through the house Saturday night and lemme tell ya, it is adorable. It is the kind of house that is cozy and inviting with lots of old-world nook-and-cranny charm. I love it. Plus - BONUS - it has a party hardy back yard. The best of both worlds! BTW, Jamie will need some help with a painting party soon so mark off a day to help her! What's the date you are thinking of, Jamie?

10:31 AM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

WHY didn't anyone point out the words that are spelled wrong!

Man, only the type of person who wears two wrong shoes to work would spell like that!

GEESH!

12:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'M GLAD YOU HAVE YOUR HOUSE. THIS IS THE BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT SANTA COULD HAVE GOTTEN YOU -- AND IT COMES WITH IT'S OWN CHIMNEY!!

9:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR PROFILE INFO - YOU'RE NO LONGER LIVING IN GRAND RAPIDS -- YOU'RE A _HOMEOWNER_ IN MUSKEGON!!

9:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home