A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Monday, September 22, 2008

House crap

Ok..I bet you're really getting tired of this. But guess what? I FOUND A HOUSE! I'm getting closer. They accepted my offer, HOWEVER, there seems to be something kinda fishy about the deal so my realtor is going to look into a bit further before we proceed. The realtor selling wants me to pay for a appraisal within 7 days of the signed agreement of the offer. The house is what is considered a 'short sale' which means that the sellers are losing their house and the bank is willing to cut it lose for a portion of what they owe on it.
This house has been bought and sold about 6 times in the past 10 years. I heart it. It has everything that I want. It is in pretty good shape, but does need some work. The carpet is nasty. It has cedar closets in every room, some neat built ins and salmon tile in the bathroom (that I want to take out, but my Dad says no), and is large enough for me to hostess family parties. The other weird thing about the deal is the company selling it. Marshall Redder. I think everyone has heard of him. He's basically the bad used car salesman of the house industry. I'm afraid I may have lost this one too. sigh.

In other, not so nice news. Tomorrow is my Aunt Lindas funeral. I'm very sad that she's gone, but am glad she doesn't have to be miserable like she was in the past few years. There is a very sad story about her initial visit to the ER that makes me very mad. They didn't treat her properly because of her mental illness. I ask that you pray for my family and that something positive can happen out of it. I hope that we can bring awareness to the treatment of mentally ill patients in an emergency situation. If you'd like to honor her, donations for Noahs Project and another place in Fremont are being accepted in her name. Also, my bosco baby needs a new home if you know anyone looking for a sweet dog.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ray Veen said...

Eyes on the prize, seester. There is a house in your future, we all know it.

So sorry to hear about Linda. As for Bosco, hmmmm.... do we need a third lab?

7:38 AM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

I'm really mad to hear that she didn't get proper treatment at the ER because of her mental illness. With everything that I have gone through in my life struggling with a mental disorder (or two), I understand what a sticky wicket it is to be a mentally ill person in this society. It's not like having rickets - you can't tell anyone and no one can tell you are "ill" just by looking at you. But they judge you on your behavior as though you were CHOOSING to act the way you do. Oh, I know that sounds really self-serving to say, but I can guarantee you that if people had a CHOICE about being mentally ill, they would CHOOSE NOT TO BE MENTALLY ILL! Take your medicine, people say. Why do you quit taking your medicine? Well, here's the problem: most psychotropic meds have icky side effects. Like the Strattera I take - not only does it make me gag taking it (it smells sooo bad!!!!!!!), but it makes me wake up after just a few hours sleep, and I can't get back to sleep. After living on 3 to 4 hours sleep a night for a while, you begin to have a whole new set of symptoms to deal with! One of which is falling asleep at the wheel everyday...not pleasant. So what does my doctor do? Prescribe me a sleep medication to counter-effect the side effect of not sleeping all night. But the sleeping pill makes me groggy in the morning so I drink too much coffee and....a whole new slew of problems (including the danger of more kidney stones....) It is not easy either having or being treated for mental illness, but it is even worse to try to get people to understand you. I don't even know what else to say about that.

9:24 AM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

YES you need another lab!

Bosco is one of a kind! He does need room to run and other dogs to play with. :)

7:31 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

I lost this house too.

SIGH! When will it end!

7:52 PM

 
Blogger Ray Veen said...

Soon enough, Jamie. Soon enough.

9:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got in just and I mean just under the wire in all this mess, it may be the best right now to wait and see where all of this is going to lead. I think God has his hand in this so do not be discouraged or impatient because God's plan will play out in his time not ours and when it does it will be perfect! No second guessing or want for anything else in a home when it is revealed. Praise God that his will be done.
Keep you're eyes on the prize (blessing) at the end of this one of lifes many journeys.
Yoob

10:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home