A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Monday, May 26, 2008

My birthday

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special. It really made me feel good that some people took time out to spend with me and to celebrate my special day.

I do have to say, it is sorta sad that our family seems to be drifting apart. It was very sad and disappointing that alot of family members didn't show up.

Laura, you're party was amazing. I felt bad that it wasn't more attended. I feel like I must have offended some people to not have them come. It was a very speical gesture, and I'm sorry that more people didn't get to see the wonderful spread you put on. You are a great hostess, thank you. I love you very much. Again, though. I was glad it was just the few of us. It was nice to get to visit and not have too many distractions.

Mom, I know it was hard to pull the party at your house together. I thank you though. It was a good time, and like always, you made things fun. I'm glad Michelle and Chris were there too. Chris always makes things funnier, and is a good sport, and thanks for being on hand to be my DD. The Veens rocked too!

Thanks again for everyone who made the time to spend with me.

Love ya!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday!
I'm sorry we didn't attend, we didn't have much notice and already had plans we couldn't change.
Your parties were always the best, please give us a little more leadtime so we can plan things better.
I saw some photos and heard from Michelle and Chris that it was a boss time as usual.
Yoob

6:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT SOUNDED GREAT TO ME!! I GOT TO TALK TO SOME OF THE PEOPLE & SAMPLE A FEW OF THE SNACKS. WISHED I COULD HAVE HELPED OUT MORE WITH THE PREP -- BUT _VERY_ GLAD I DIDN'T RUIN IT.

10:50 PM

 
Blogger VeeFlower said...

I have to agree it was too bad more people couldn't have enjoyed the wonderful soiree planned and executed by Laura. The little Reubens and BLTs were stellar, the deviled eggs were unrivaled, the cheeseball and cake and all the rest were just fabulous. The Bloody Mary I had was the best I ever had in my life, and I could only drink one because I was driving. Laura sent the food home with us where it received many more compliments. We missed you all at the party downstairs, although I have to say it didn't suffer any from lack of personality and Jamie as always was the bright center.

2:39 AM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

I'm sorry we couldn't make it to the hot-fun party after our fizzly soiree. We were just bushed from the prep. My biggest disappointment is that we were also celebrating my Chris's birthday and no one showed up to wish him a happy birthday except mom, Fritz and Jamie. We went all out to make it a smash and had planned for about six to ten couples....Which makes me really, really happy for the three attendees we had! Chris and I want to do another big soiree because we already spent the money to get all the booze and mixes and cool bar accessories, so hopefully next time it will be a little more advance notice and people can come!

10:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do wish we would have known sooner, we had promised Val our bodies at the Eagles but from the sounds of it we missed a boss time at your house!
Yoob

7:47 PM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Damn, I sound rather pissy up there, don't I? Sorry about that, didn't mean to! Chris and I are looking forward to doing another soiree complete with all the fixings. We've got the front porch all decked out for entertaining, plus space on the back deck (since our house is kinda small). However, if you choose the back deck, don't stomp on it. The wasps don't like it. ;)

Seriously, we are in partay-form! I used some of my big American Idol winnings to get some cool bar accessories and mixes so we can make just about any mixed drink your heart could desire! And, as fate would have it, we used the Meijer gift card Yoobee and family gave us to get an ipod docking station, so we've got the music covered! And food....lemme tell you, we can make food to die for! Which has me thinking...maybe we could do a big shin-dig for the 4th of July weekend or something? Has anyone made plans yet? If not, cross off that Saturday cuz we called it! :)

9:51 AM

 
Blogger Roo said...

I'm glad that you had a good time. I missed seeing some of ya.

11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home