A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Isn't it funny...

...how everything happens for a reason? Tonight, one of my fellow classmates asked me to have dinner with him. He's a nice guy, (and very married, don't get excited) but sorta..well, talkative. The rest of our class was going to go someplace fun, have some wings and some drinks. I chose to stay back and dine with the talker. To be honest I was kinda dreading it. I thought, what are we going to talk about, we really don't have much in common.
Well, we ended up talking about our beliefs. He's a deacon in his church, and has very strong beliefs. He wasn't the...this is the way I think so you should think that way..kinda guy. However, he did offer to find a church for me to go to in the Muskegon area that was like the one that he attends.
It was a very interesting conversation. I found myself intrigued by what he belives and the scripture that he used to back it up. One of the things I found myself thinking was that I wasn't 'on fire' anymore, and I really miss being like that. I miss that oneness, and the feeling of the spirit coming over me. It's amazing to me that I've known how I've been struggling with this, and He brings someone for me to spend an evening with talking about him.
Neat huh?

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is neat. We should celebrate.

By going to a bar....

A gay bar....

And getting drunk with homosexuals....

And stealing paper towels from the gay bar's rest room to use to make a little fire to heat up our heroin spoons.

So we'll be really relaxed when we knock over the Frontier Mart.

(just joking, Jamie, I still think God is cool)

12:36 AM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

I think our brother's brain has left the building!

Just kiddin, bro! ;)

I'm really glad you were able to talk with someone who made you feel more connected to your faith. I agree with you about missing that part of life where I connected with God on a regular basis. I miss going to church. I miss the days when we all went to the same church, to be honest. There's something really awesome about going to church and seeing your loved ones there. It is cozy and warm and fuzzy and made me not want to miss church, so I went every week. What's the possibility we could find a church together again? I know all of us here miss it and want it. How about all you guys?

6:42 AM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

I think that would be awesome. I really liked all of us going to the same church! I think God liked it too!

4:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Church?...the place that makes finger lickin' good chickin'?

It would be more better to fellowship in church together, it gives one more to look forward too when there are familiar and friendly faces waiting don't you agree?

11:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok whats his name ? ill kick his MO FO , ass! AS soon as i get better

8:43 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

GOOD! I'm glad you commented, I was starting to worry!

I was going to stop over today after work if I hadn't heard from you.

Phew! Don't scare your daughter like that again or I'll...I'll...send abby over there. :)

10:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home