A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Amazing Love

As you know in my line of work, I see and hear a lot of interesting things. Yesterday however, I heard something that touched my heart. There was an older lady who came in and was talking to the customer I was working with. Apparently her husband just died a few days prior. She said, "The lord took my husband home, but I still praise him for his wisdom and glory."
It floored me. The other lady asked how long they had been together, and it was going to be 50 years in a few months. It amazed me that this woman lost her mate of 50 years, yet still loved and trusted God enough to praise him.
I thought about the things I pray for in my life. The stupid petty things I complain about. Yet this woman, who during hardship, finds it in herself to praise God. I ended up giving her ONE penny to pay her bill, and she thanked me for blessing her.
I think it was the other way around.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's funny how one person with a right perspective can have such an impact on people around them. I could use an encounter like that right about now.

12:54 AM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

You can borrow mine.

1:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vee here: God put her in your life for a reason, probably not only to encourage you, but to lift up each person who reads or hears the story. Thank you for sharing.

4:00 AM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

There are days I get mad at Chris because he's so spoiled. For instance, he uses tons more ice than the rest of us but never fills the ice trays. He just stacks them up on the counter for me to fill. Or how he goes through so many clothes, and I do more laundry for him than I do the rest of us put together! Or how he messes up the coffee table with his late-night snacks and how he never thinks about the crumbs or the water rings from his ice-filled glass that I have to clean. Or the toothpicks I am contstantly picking up. Oh, the list could go on. But every time I start to think those things, I think of something I heard on Dr. Laura (ok, I admit, I used to listen to her). It was a letter from a woman who had lost her beloved husband writing to say she just wished she still had to pick up his dirty socks or clean up after his shaving mess. I think of that and it stops me right in my tracks, and I think to myself: thank God I still get to fill his ice trays.

9:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home