A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Seriously?

I can't sleep. When that happens I find myself surfing the net reading up on different things. I came across this article, http://www.redtape.msnbc.com/


Basically, it says that there is a company who is developing a plan to give consumers a medical credit score. The score will be based on their ability to pay.

I have MAJOR problems with this. Let me tell you just a few of the obvious.

1. Medical insurance companies are really good at messing up bills. Not paying them on time, billing the wrong insurance, denying based on diagnosis. I've had numerous bills go into collection for the insurance companies mistakes. In fact, right now, I'm being sued because the hospital billed the wrong insurance company. And guess what? Once it goes to collections, it's to late to try to correct it. Oh, I did call when it was denied and they said they were going to put it back thru, but they didn't...they sent it to collections instead.

2. They say that this isn't going to effect treatment. Just like if you don't have insurance it isn't supposed to effect your treatment, but guess what, it does. It always does, and always will.

3. There are some people because they are SICK or HURT that require long term medical assistance. Now, don't you think this would effect their income? If it effects their income, it will effect their score, and then..ultimately, their care.

Ok, that's all I'm going to rant about for the moment, because this finally tired me out. I do have more reasons...but you can chew on those for awhile...

I'm moving to Canada..oh wait, I don't want to go there, they have the US on the list that abuses POW's.

Sigh.

8 Comments:

Blogger pixiegirl10 said...

wow looks like you've got problems. And if you have any more call me I'll want to watch.

12:52 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

Everyone will want to watch me give you SPANKINGS!!!

Brat

1:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eek! The new generation already has compassion burnout! It sounds to me like this company is going to make it difficult for the already disenfranchised poor to get medical care. And the over-squeezed middle class is next. All I can say is what next? ==Vee

4:23 AM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Well, we DID abuse the POWs! Violating their rights was just the beginning....why do you suppose the CIA destroyed those interrogation tapes? It would make us look like big, fat hypocrites. Having us on that list doesn't make Canada BAD, it makes them SANE. :)

If you go, I'll go too.

9:56 PM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Hey, guess who just made a blog? Brandie! It is really cute. I have a link on my blog or you can go to:
www.imloopy.blogspot.com

9:28 PM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

BTW, I game Emily a dressing down for her "I hate you" comment. It wasn't right, even though I know she meant it as a joke. I told her to apologize. In her comments. I don't want people thinking she is a rude little brat!

8:54 PM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Well, the little angel apologized with her usual dash of stinker thrown in! You'll have to check it out in her comments.

Oh, we should talk soon about the wedding. Chris and I have a good idea and would like your input.

And just when, little Miss Jamie, do you plan on posting again? Me wants new!

2:13 PM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Well, it looks like I'm the only one who keeps checking for an update here.....HINT HINT!!!!



;)

2:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home