A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Dear Jamie
I love you so much. I don't think I could have a better friend enless it was an angle. Well I guess thats all!
love always
Samantha Jo

This was the letter I was given tonight by Sami, Dan's daughter. I've always have had a soft spot in my heart for kids, but these two kids have really, really, gotten a big part of my heart. Years and years ago I wanted to adopt them. Had it not been for Ray R., I would have. I know now that things happen for a reason, and I'm glad that it didn't happen then. I'm just glad that I can be part of their lives now. I hope that my love and kindness makes a difference in their lives, I knownthem being in mine has made a difference in mine.

Which brings me to my New Years resolutions. This year I really want to concentrate on making myself well mentally. By doing this, I want to release the realtionships in my life that have been holding me back. I feel like I'm only half living. I'm spending too much time on the things that don't matter and not nearly enough time for the things that do.

So, hear this my family, once a month, I want to spend the day with my family. I realized that only seeing my family on holidays sucks. I miss you all, and I've learned there aren't many people in your life that you can depend on, and my family has been a constant.

I have a list of things I want to do, I hope this is one of the things you can help me with.

11 Comments:

Blogger VeeFlower said...

Okay..it's a date. That was sweet what Sami said. I saw the look in her eyes when you said you were going to Hawaii...like her best friend was leaving her. I realized how much she loved you then. She looked so sad.

11:42 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

It is really sweet, but you know, I can't help but wonder, when you said, "I have a list of things I want to do", is my lawn care on there anywhere?

5:27 AM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

I really thought about that one, and I'm sorry to say, it isn't. I'm too busy with the other things on my list and I couldn't make time for it.

Good thing you have 2 sisters huh?

10:36 AM

 
Blogger Roo said...

Well I hope spending more time with friends is on that list too. I love and miss hanging out with you. I know with work and life in general it is hard to stop and smell the roses. I hope you had a Merry Xmas have a good new year. What ya doing for my bday?

11:16 AM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

You can count me in, James. I completely agree, I feel bad that the only time I get to see everyone is a holiday, too. I know Chris and I talk all the time about having people over, but we just have a hard time finding the time to do it. Well, we aren't going to let that hold us back anymore. Remember all those years going over to Aunt Mabels? How often did she put on a pah-tay complete with decorations and activities? Why do we think having people over means big productions? I remember simple things like cheese and crackers and pineapple upside down cake. And we were there all the time! And look how far away we lived! I think this is a great New Year's Resolution, Jamie, and I for one am going to adopt it with you!

1:42 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Aye. As am I. And now that Bunny mentioned it, I've never been to her house for that long-promised pasta.

2:10 PM

 
Blogger rotten dad said...

ya still cant smoke in there

3:34 PM

 
Blogger rotten dad said...

an she wont make you eny coffee

3:34 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

I don't like to make coffee.

Yes, Roo, seeing my friends is on the list too. I miss you and miss doing stuff, not even just going out, but just talking, having lunch, going to movies.

So sibs...bring it on :)

9:05 PM

 
Blogger rotten dad said...

An she wont bring your guralla glue back

11:31 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I hear ya, rotten dad. I'm still waiting for my gorilla glue too, but, ah... she makes me coffee all the time. What do you suppose that means?

9:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home