A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas

I've felt really bah humbug this year. Until last night. I was in a horrible mood, tired from working and shopping all day and it was midnight and I still had a mountian of presents to wrap. Then I remembered. The giving is my favorite part of the holiday. I've been blessed and it makes me feel wonderful that I can give the people I love something. When I was all finished wrapping, I felt my eyes water looking at the small pile of gifts, and I wanted to triple that pile and give those that I love as much as my bank account would allow.

It's not about making them feel bad because they didn't get me a gift in return, or trying to show them I've got more expendable income. It's about wanting the people I love to have what their hearts desire. Wanting no need or wish go unfullfilled.

I'm happy I get to be with my family today, I hope they know how much I love them.

5 Comments:

Blogger rotten dad said...

Jamie Lynn ..... no 1 cares about a gift, its about famley an frends , so save your money an bye a rubber dummy

4:06 PM

 
Blogger VeeFlower said...

You blessed so many people this season. Where God has allowed you to have some abundance you have always passed that on to others. You have the true gift of giving.

2:13 PM

 
Blogger HUBBYMAN said...

WE KNOW. WE'VE ALWAYS KNOWN.

THANKS!!

2:37 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I understand totally, Jamie. I feel like that with my kids every year, but a part of me knows that if I do give them everything I want to give them, they'll end up spoiled and miserable.

To a certain extent, it's good to not get everything you want.

9:44 AM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Well, Chris and I have already enjoyed snuggling up under our blanket! And last night I caught Emily all curled up on my bed under - you guessed it - our new blanket! It is warm and soft and looks absolutely beautiful in our living room. And Brandie adores the doggy you got her. It is soo cute! She named it Sweetie or something like that. And Emily told me that Sports Bratz was one of the ones she really wanted. I actually don't know what you got Grace, but I can assure you that everyone did feel loved and appreciated by the thoughtfulness that you showed and the gifts you gave. I hope that you know that!
lovelovelove!

4:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home