A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

My First Day

I had a very interesting first day. I'll try to keep it short. The first thing, I didn't sleep much last night, so I was seriously dragging this morning. I get to the 'store' promptly at my start time. No one is there, about 10 minutes later the manager finally showed up. Apparently, she is never on time.
I expected my 12 hour day would consist of me sitting on my butt looking at a computer screen 'learning' Oh no, I waited on customers, made a few sales, solved a few problems and caused a few problems. Welcome to day one.
I did get my new camara phone, if you'd like the number, just let me know. It's a great plan and I've got lots of time available. My business cards got ordered and my free clothes got ordered too.
After the 'boss' left. The only other employee talked a lot of shit about her. Either the manager is really crappy or the other employee is a total bitch. I guess only time will tell. My plan is to do my time here and try to get a trainer position. This will fulfill my life long dream of teaching, and getting to travel and I'd still get a free phone :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sooo......a busy day...bet you will do well and climb the ladder in a hurry.....hope the other worker will be easy to get along with....thats always a plus. thanks for the update...and ...wonder if walter got a new job...? lol (the post above)

10:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is she black ?

10:58 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

she is..but I wasn't going to say that. They both are. I'm the 'white girl'

11:21 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

It's kind of funny that a company whith such a rigorous hiring process would have such nasty people working for them.

Be careful shorty, you're not in Rome... (that might be a little cryptic so let me just say that it pertains to the saying, 'when in Rome, do as the Romans', but you're not in Rome, so don't do as the Romans, which means your back-biting co-worker, which ultimately means, don't bite backs, which is similar to 'back-stabbing', which is, well I'm sure you get it by now)

8:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said cd...our little ss is going to be just fine...she knows the ropes. Just hope its a happy place to work in...for her sake...dang it..

12:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring them some Watermillon an fryed chicken

2:12 PM

 
Blogger --YooBee said...

Use your new Camera Phone and get some snaps of her violating company policy, you will get her fired meaning that your next rung on the ladder has come available, then use it to snap pics of the manager getting there late, see where this is going? You and that phone are going to go far...you could get there faster using a Blackberry that records video and sound....

2:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told her from day one that she was too good to work for a company that had such sloppy hiring practices...she had to jump through a great number of hoops just to get this job, and now that she has it, the one who hired her isn't doing hers at all. I think she wants someone who will cover her ass because she has been sloughing off ever since SS got there. Including scheduling herself fewer hours and leaving early (before her scheduled quit time). So I think she should keep looking for another job. What do you think?

2:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home