A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is just around the corner, so naturally I start thinking about things I'm thankful for. Yesterday I thought about how thankful I am for my family. My Mom and her supportive ways, my Dad and the way he taught me how to smile thru the bad things. My Stepdad for me wanting to win me over in the begining, and always wanting what is best for me. My brother and sister for insight and advice, and for maybe not always agreeing, but always supporting. This is starting to sound like an acceptance speach. Sorry, but I'm going to keep going.

My friends. There are a lot of people who changed my life. One of them I'm most thankful for is my friend Ben. Even though Ben died a year and a half ago, I still think about how he changed me and my life. Ben was one of a kind. He was funny, caring, kind, loving, and most of all, he was Ben. He thought me that being one of a kind is cool. I use to say he was the little brother I never wanted. Like a brother, I loved him alot. I miss him a lot. He was unique and loved to love. He, like me, wanted the people around him to be happy. He wanted to do things to make their lives better and more fun. He wanted people to love him and accept him. He was the male version (minus the bad jokes) of me. I learned from Ben that even though you strive to make the people around you happy, if you're not happy with yourself, you really can't make someone else happy. I wish I would have learned this lesson a different way. I went to his grave yesterday, my heart was broken. There wasn't a headstone. Ben loved us all so much he never would let us lay in a unknown grave. It breaks my heart that someone so loved, didn't mean us much to some of us as we meant to him.
I hope that everyone is thankful for every person in their live that shows them love, who wants to spend time with them, and mostly, that you cherish even the small moments.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie you said it well...I am thankful for family more than I can say. And proud of each and every person, for the personality, talent, and other gifts that are in such abundance in our family. As for Ben, I think his days were numbered and it puts me in awe that God chose us to surround him with friendship and fun in what were his last days here on earth. He was able to be a part of things he always wanted to have in his life and drew much closer to the Lord in that time. And I think that was God's plan for him, knowing Ben was too delicately balanced to keep carrying his burdens much longer. Having lost a sister when I was 14, I learned early in life to cherish the moments you spend with loved ones. A sad way to learn but the earlier you learn this in life the sweeter your life will be. Although you don't have to lose someone to learn this.

5:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home