A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Relationships

I've been thinking alot about relationships recently. Some of the things I've been thinking about have been related to some of my mistakes and my relationships. Have also been thinking about other relationships and what seems to go wrong with them. I think the thing that annoys me the most is when people think that they can change the other person they are with. Especially the ones that get married thinking that once in the marriage the other person will have to change. To me, marriage is a big deal. Going into it, you should plan on being in love with the person who stands beside you if they change or if they don't. I use to go on and on about unrealistic expectations. Then I learned that I went the extreme and had NO expectations which I think can be worse. I don't know the answers, or even the questions. Just think that people would be alot happier if they learn to love and accept the way people are instead of hoping they'd change. Ok, I'll shut up now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think sometimes you love them for who they are and marry them for it. Time changes you and them. sometimes for better sometimes not. When you love them you want them to be happier and a better person because they do the same for you. So you want to change them be a better and happier because they can be. In the end it will help the marriage to. I think were all striving to be a better person that what we were yesterday.

1:18 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Or, in the man's case, we're hoping that once the woman gets the ring on her finger she'll get off our back and stop nagging so much.

We men are an oblivious bunch.

2:03 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

oh man..good call. :)

5:47 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

There is a difference between compromise and asking someone to change. Of course when two people start living together some things have to change or compromise. I'm refering to things like, man, I like him, I love him, and think he could be the one if I can make him stop telling those bad jokes, or get him to him to stop some hobby. Expecting a person to change is just bad. Love them for who they are, and accept them the way they are. Faults and all.

1:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home