A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

New Soup

I made a great new soup last night and I wanted to share it with ya'll. It's a Cheeseburger Mushroom soup. Here is the receipe.

1/2 to a pound of ground beef
1 onion diced
2 carrots diced
2 celery stalks diced
2 cloves of garlic minced
8 ozs of mushrooms, sliced (if you don't like mushrooms, omit them.)

3-4 cups of chicken or beef broth
2-3 potatoes peeled and diced
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper to taste.

2 tablespoons of butter
1\4 cup of flour
1 1/2 cup of mile

8 ounces of American Cheese.

Brown the hamburger, drain the excess fat. Add onions, and cook until soft. Add the rest of the veggies including the garlic. Cook about 15 mins. Add the broth, potatoes, and seasoning. Cook about 20 minutes or so until the potatoes are cooked.

Make a white sauce. Melt the butter and slowly add the flour. Then wisk in the milk and turn up the heat until thickened. Add to the soup mixture. Stir in cheese until melted.
You can also add sour cream at this point if you'd like.

This is one of those soups that you could just eat and eat..mmm..it's so good.

In other news. Today is a pretty day. It feels like spring. It makes me want to clean my room, and my car, and the house. Well, that could be because I'm expecting company maybe :)
I also got a rejection letter from a job I applied for. Here is the kicker, I applied for so many jobs, I have no idea what one this was for. Oh well. Are you saying those prayers? I need them.

4 Comments:

Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Hey, I was reading your recipe and was like, oh yeah, that sounds good until I got to the part that told me to add "1 cup mile"

I was like mile? Does she mean miso? Then later I figured it out when you said something about the milk. I'm such a blond! Er, or you are. One of us, anyway!

Soo....who's the company? Hm? Hm? Inquiring minds insist on knowing!

4:17 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

I threw that in there to confuse you.
You don't want to know who is coming 'to dinner' only.
I'll give you a hint..Melissa didn't pay him one night to perform his job.

4:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you read it right...one cup mile...you see, this soup is so good you are going to eat too much. And when you eat too much, you are going to need to add a mile walk to offset the caloric intake of too much delicious soup. The "cup" part was a typo.

5:09 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

I think it might have been a cup of 'smiles'
you'll be so happy eating it..you won't be able to stop smiling.

6:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home