A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Kids

Kids. You gotta love them. I had my share of tears of pride and tears of anger tonight, all involving kids. First, the bad kids. My sorta niece Holly turned 13 last weekend, and was out of town so we didn't get to celebrate. I had the idea of making a little surprise party for her tonight at our weekly karaoke night at the bowling alley. She was mad at us. We embarrassed her then she said we treated her like she was 5. That part is true, but that was the age she was acting. I think that instead of waiting until the kids are 18 before you kick them out, I think you should do it at 13, that's when they think they know everything.
Now, tears of pride. Hailie Marie, my little darlin'. Hailie is a very shy. Tonight, that sweet little girl got up in front of a room full of people she didn't know and sang her little heart out. This just isn't a proud aunt talking, but the girl can sing. Seeing her up there, singing loudly and proudly into the microphone gave me the faith again that all kids aren't spoiled rotten brats. Hailie girl did my heart good. I was so proud that she was my niece and that she got u p and over her fears and sang. The other kids were cute too..but tonight Hailie was the brightest star.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

chip off the ol block I would say....Haily is a chip. Wished I could have been there. Thank you for your nice blog. Love ya

1:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Hailie got up and conquered a fear. I find that singing is theraputic.

James all kids can be B.R.A.T.S as Kathryn calls them. Beautiful, Respectful, Athletic, Talented, Smart. Given any situation it will come shining through.

1:44 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

It was a fun night - and it was mainly about the kids, so that was nice for them.

Jamie, I didn't see you get up and sing once, WHY?

1:59 PM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Ray, did you sing Radar Love? or Pinball Wizard?

Glad to hear y'all had a good time. I know Grace and Emily were disappointed they couldn't be there. We'll make it next weekend, though!

3:32 PM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

I meant Comfortably Numb, not Pinball Wizard. DUH!

3:32 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

I just don't sing much anymore. I don't know why, I really enjoy hearing other people sing though. That's great. I'm so glad the Veenie Babies came, I do think however, they would have had more fun if the Wilson kids were there.
Roo, I like Kathryn's thought..I just wish kids would be B.R.A.T.S more often rather than just plain old brats :)

5:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a store detective, the 13 year olds were by far the most likely to steal. I did a graph and found the closer to 13, the more likely to steal. And hey, we aren't talking about stealing bubble gum. I'm talking phones, cameras, several pairs of jeans, etc. Not that I think Holly is a shoplifter!!! She is at an age where a great many kids go against what their parents want/have taught them. Most of them were really not bad kids at all. But they seemed to have a need to begin to challenge authority at that particular age. Hopefully this is just a stage she will get over. It helps to keep the whole picture in view. Still, what a disappointment that what was intended for joy brought pain instead to all concerned. As for Hailie, well, I didn't think my chest could get any bigger! It was great!

6:07 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

I didn't know it was possible for your chest to get any bigger.....

6:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have neighbors that have a boy that age and he walks with his head down and long hair in his face and wears black. His dad watches him like a hawk. So I know what you mean V. He changed in such a short time.

6:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the cd that shorty made for me for christmas..and am I ever enjoying it. I listen to it daily. It brings back such wonderful memories. My brother knew the family that produced those first four singers. He had records of them way back then. It makes me think of that time in my life when we were all together. Thank you over and over. Yes I turned off the tv.

1:17 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

Grandma, I'm glad that you still enjoy your CD!! It makes me feel good that you like it that much.

2:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soooooo enjoying it. Grandpa got a Bose cd raido and cd player, also a tape player and it makes the music just flow thru the house. You were so nice to do that for me...I will enjoy it for years to come. It makes me feel good to play it so we both feel good. lol

2:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell your mom I found my blog addrsses. No need to send them to me OK? thanks..

3:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home