A whole lot about nothing really. You'll get bored I'm sure.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Kid Stuff

I remember Christmas vacation as a kid. It was days of sledding, snow ball fights and hot chocolate, going to friends house, and Mom making us clean.
Not so much anymore. This week I've been at my Moms with my neices. All week it has been fights about the play station, and what to watch on tv, and fighting over my laptop. We wanted to go for a short walk today and it was complaints the whole way.
I have enjoyed the conversations. The empty promises of, I'll be good tomorrow, and I'll do it in a minute. My favorite conversation happend with my 10 year old cousin. On New Years Eve we were talking about what he wanted to be like when he grew up. I said, "You want to be like me right?" He said, "Yeah, but I don't to be a virgin." I asked if he knew what a virgin was, and he said it was someone who doesn't get 'jiggy with it'
So, I'm glad the kids think something better of me :)

7 Comments:

Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Yes, we all know YOU'D never "get jiggy with it!" Ha! Ha ha! Ha ha ha! Garsh, if that don't tickle my funny bone!

Hey, as for my bratty kids...what do you expect with them running around with my genes, huh? Even perfection has its downside...

8:19 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

It's also the time of year when kids get kind of stir-crazy being inside for so long, they get on each other's nerves and start to fight - a lot.

2:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The nieces (my granddaughters)... I had a great time with them. They were a little owly, but maybe it was the late nights watching special movies and all the popcorn and fudge and stuff. They worked very hard on the party decorations and were always willing to cuddle and snuggle to keep us warm on the couch. Or maybe I am just more used to them being around. Quite frankly, I would not have allowed them to use the laptop but once you open Pandora's box...tee hee. Had they not been here, the alternative would have been a crowded and expensive kid warehouse for some 50 hours a week with a high probability of their contracting a communicable disease so hey, it was worth every second, the good and the bad.

11:08 PM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Some people complain about other people's children and then never post again. Hmph.

2:07 PM

 
Blogger shortensweet said...

I wasn't complaining about your children, it was a joy having them. Brat.

I haven't posted because I'm trying to move, and we don't want to talk about that.

5:14 PM

 
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Yeah, I heard it hasn't been all fun and games. Hey, let me know when you're done cuz I'll be available then to help you.

haw haw haw!

9:34 AM

 
Blogger --YooBee said...

Your moving?

4:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home